6.28.2007

it's almost here...

Well, I've got the book, and it will be ready for orders in just a few days!

In about a week, you'll be able to order REJECTS, my first book on the art of caricature. Don't forget to drop by the site (click over there on the right!) and give me your email, so I can remind you and give you personal updates.

On a different topic, I received a comment that would be better suited up front, about Dixon Markettes:

"hey guys, i just wanted to let you know that there's a place in Canada that'll ship Dixon Markette markers to the states. Best of all they're 1.75 each (versus the 2.85 from Art Systems mentioned by joe in a previous post). I called Art Systems and they were out of markettes) theyre called IRL Supplies and can be reached toll free at 1800-663-6843 ... je."

Thanks for the tip, "je" - I hope it helps everyone out. That's a great price!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello joe,I am a french fan and I think into my self : what a wonderfull book......IT's possible to buy it in my superlittel land : la France????? thank

Anonymous said...

that is fantastic, both about your book, and the markettes. I do have a question, although a tad silly, i am just starting out doing Caricatures, infact today is my first day at a live event, i was wondering what kind of paper you use.
i will probably use marker paper for tonight, but i was wondering what you would recommend for future events.thanks
jerms

Joe Bluhm said...

Jeremiah- I would recommend simple bond paper- something smooth and light. If you visit any office supply store, you can find a good version of this. Otherwise, I sometimes give my guests something a bit more substantial, like cardstock or coverstock, but like to keep the paper smaller, in that instance. You'll find what works for you, just try it out at home!

and Francois- YES! If the postman will deliver it, I'll ship it there! You can only get it at REJECTSthebook.com - so make sure to sign up and order a copy when it's ready in July!

Faboun'e said...

Hey hey hey .. what a good news..!!! I'm in France too (hello Francois ça va ? ravi de voir un Francais ici !) And I want it too...; !!!! and I've got a good picture of your face to make a Caricature !!! ... hmmm sorry ... that's how I enjoy myself here ... if you understand ...
: )

Julkillo said...

Great works are here,very cool blog.Congratulations

Anonymous said...

Very Nice !