9.25.2007

In Orlando...

Well, the Orlando Comic Con was not what I expected.

I'm hoping the organizers will be a bit better at communicating and advertising this event if they continue it. It was possibly the most unprofessional convention I've attended, and I feel they have a lot of refunds to give and apologies to pass around. Hopefully they'll step up their game next year and impress the vendors and exhibitors.

The good part is I got to hang out with a few old friends as well as making some new ones. Everyone that stopped by the booth was great, and I had a good time talking to them, if nothing else. This is one of the sketches done for a big
Sylvester Stallone fan, lover of art, and new friend:



On a separate note, the National Caricaturist Network is having it's 16th Annual Convention & Competition, starting this weekend (Sunday). The convention runs from the evening of the 30th through the banquet, the evening of October 6th. It is easily the best time I have EVERY year, the most inspiring show I go to, the most I learn comes from that event, and the best friendships I've made are there... It's in Reno, NV this year, and you can learn more at the website. If there's ANY chance you can attend, DO NOT miss it. You won't be disappointed... and I'll see you there!

10 comments:

KEV said...

joe,

what shades of prisma marker are those that you used in his skin? is that the Putty color? or maybe the Sand color?

Joe Bluhm said...

This one is SAND.

The Hurricane said...

YO! Great seeing you guys again.... and yeah.. I do like how this one came out! ;O) .. bug you later! meeeeeeee

Craig Zablo said...

What a handsome man! LOL!

It was great meeting you and getting the sketches. I'll send scans soon.

Marcelo Braga said...

What a great drawing! He seems alive. Fantastic Bruce Campbell too. Cheers!

Jeff Pecina said...

thats a silly drawing joe!
say, u draw silly.

Tim Bye said...

Great work Joe! I really love how you've done the highlights - very nice!

Scott Fertig said...

Was hanging and sketching with your friends Mike Hasson and Chris Metzger last night. So I got a look at your book-- Awesome work dude.

Gabriel Hunt said...

Great sketch!
Your linework is getting better. I didn't know that could happen.

Anonymous said...

now I among your readers